Herald 1200 Carburettor service kit

Jack Hartshorn

Hi I’ve been looking on rimmer bros for a herald 1200 carburettor service kit and it says there are 2 different types of soled carbs. It says for the 948&1200 the engine number should be GA34925E, and for 1200&12/50 the engine number should be GA43986E, where as my engine number is GD117850HE. Does anyone know which kit I should be getting because it’s a bit confusing to me. Thanks.

image.jpg

The GD prefix makes yours a 12/50 or late 1200 (which adopted the 12/50 engine) so it falls under the "from GA43968E & all 12/50" category. Assuming it's still got the right carb on it, of course.

BTW you'd probably be much better off going to Canley rather than Rimmers - they're usually cheaper and definitely more helpful, and the know what they're talking about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RobPearce said:

The GD prefix makes yours a 12/50 or late 1200 (which adopted the 12/50 engine) so it falls under the "from GA43968E & all 12/50" category. Assuming it's still got the right carb on it, of course.

BTW you'd probably be much better off going to Canley rather than Rimmers - they're usually cheaper and definitely more helpful, and the know what they're talking about.

Right that makes a bit more sense thank you, only reason I was thinking of dimmers is because they’re only 40 minutes away from me so I could go there physically, but I do buy the more specific parts from canley like the small bits 

2 hours ago, Jack Hartshorn said:

Hi I’ve been looking on rimmer bros for a herald 1200 carburettor service kit and it says there are 2 different types of soled carbs. It says for the 948&1200 the engine number should be GA34925E, and for 1200&12/50 the engine number should be GA43986E, where as my engine number is GD117850HE. Does anyone know which kit I should be getting because it’s a bit confusing to me. Thanks.

image.jpg

Probably the B30 psei as that’s what I’ve got on Mabel and was the most popular on the 1200 Jack 

3 hours ago, standardthread said:

Try the manufacturers for correct ID, there link is;

https://zenithcarb.co.uk/?___store=zenith

The carb number is stamped in to the body of the carb, probably covered in muck and oil. This is a photo of a B2 off/for a Standard.

IMG_1904.thumb.JPG.748e1c0fa052c5e40dec9f94dd94c96a.JPG

I’ll have to check that tomorrow it’s probably under all the gunk lol I’ll see if I can find it

• Like 1