Spitfire rear drive flange hub and/or puller.

Banksy82

Hi All.

Does anyone have a straight (not warped or bent) drive flange to fit a spitfire, either on its own or still attached to a driveshaft? I have two bent ones courtesy of previous owner or their mechanic of choice!

Ideally looking for two but one would be a start!

Also could do with the correct puller if anyone has one for sale.

Many Thanks

Karl

11 hours ago, Banksy82 said:

Thanks, I’ll have a look, I have just seen that Canley carry them also. 

I’ll have to weigh up the cost of a puller against the cost of the steel to make my own!

Best is to find somebody at a local club who has one, and will pull your hubs in exchange for a couple of pints. 

41 minutes ago, Clive said:

Best is to find somebody at a local club who has one, and will pull your hubs in exchange for a couple of pints. 

This would be ideal but I'm in mid-North Wales and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of activity up this way! If anybody knows any different there are definitely beers waiting!

14 hours ago, Banksy82 said:

I’ll have to weigh up the cost of a puller against the cost of the steel to make my own!

Tried that with a large coarse pitch thread, it didn't work.

If you're passing this way you're more than welcome to call and pull it here.

Sorry about the TSSC, it could be members only but they are a heavy item so postage is a lot so a years membership could cover the cost. I know they used to stock/sell a lot of parts to members.

41 minutes ago, standardthread said:

Tried that with a large coarse pitch thread, it didn't work.

If you're passing this way you're more than welcome to call and pull it here.

Sorry about the TSSC, it could be members only but they are a heavy item so postage is a lot so a years membership could cover the cost. I know they used to stock/sell a lot of parts to members.

Yes building a puller means failure is always an option!

Thank you for the offer but I don't think travelling to a puller is an option with the car as it is!

Thanks

Karl