ELECTRONIC IGNITION ADVICE PLEASE

SpitVX

Please could some of you ' Clever Dickies ' advise me on electronic ignition for my Fiat twin cam Volumex ( Fast , fast road , if not quite as fast as Daves ) .
I am considering a MSD GAL-2 programable ignition linked to a Blaster HVC 11 coil and Lumenition optronic system .
Are these compatable and if so do they make sense together ?
Thanks .

Thanks for the reply Craig .
Simple answer is I have no idea , so be kind and explain the differences please . I guess that needs a timing wheel ? fair bit of wheel work allready and alt / water pump still to be done .
And Omex please Jango .

matgt6 wrote:
Please could some of you ' Clever Dickies ' advise me on electronic ignition for my Fiat twin cam Volumex ( Fast , fast road , if not quite as fast as Daves ) .
I am considering a MSD GAL-2 programable ignition linked to a Blaster HVC 11 coil and Lumenition optronic system .
Are these compatable and if so do they make sense together ?
Thanks .

I have an MSD Digital 6 Plus with an MSD HVC-II coil, there is a compatibility chart on the MSD website somewhere that tells you what parts will work with what parts.

I would not recommend the lumenition optronic ignition which sounds good in theory but gave me no end of problems when I had one, I now use the Petronix Hall Effect system with no problems,

I also use NGK Iridium Spark Plugs and 8.5mm Magncor HT leads and my distributor is a Mallory, although I have heard that the 123 is also very good.

L

HI L ,
Having spoken to MSD in Texas last night they advised me the Gal -2 and blaster 11 coil would be suitable but that they had no kit for the marreli S144BA distributor but suggested I speak to Petronix in California to see if they could supply that bit which I did but they only supply Ford, Dodge etc but said the Lumenition Optronix sounded similar to what they would have supplied anyway .
As I said I am dependent on the ' far more experienced ' so hope you guys could sort out an optimum set up for me .

Cool I have one of those engines.
In my FIAT :)

It ran very well with the MSD 6AL box, but had to remove it for vintage racing regulations.

What's wrong with a digital trigger in the dizzy and pickup module? No points to worry about.

In case anyone was wondering the GT6 has a new stable mate.

Archived