Spitfire engine mounts.

Alex

I don't recall where I bought my previous set from but one of them failed before I'd even started the engine and the other within a year of getting the car back on the road. Granted they'd been fitted to the rolling chassis for some years before that but apart from a few trips on a trailer they'd not seen any action.

The new ones (3/4 years old now) still seem OK, having done some miles around Yorkshire, then the Peak district, then an RBRR and last year's C2C.

Just had a route around in the heralds garage/ tent. Found my new engine mounts! 
No idea where I got them, maybe stoneleigh,maybe paddocks 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not a clue but I’ll fit them and see how long they last. I’ll keep my old knackered ones as back up. 
Thanks for the responses  👍

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Mine are decidedly ropey and I wondered what people’s experience was of the latest offerings?

Have a really good look at them as sometimes they look rubbish on the surface but are still solid inside and well bonded to the backing plates...

32 minutes ago, glang said:

Have a really good look at them as sometimes they look rubbish on the surface but are still solid inside and well bonded to the backing plates...

I think that’s why I decided against changing them before…. I reckon I got the new ones when I redid the engine. Maybe 2013…. it’s done at least 2 round britains since then 😂

I think I’ll fit the new ones but keep the old ones as spares. If the new ones fail I’ll fit the old ones and leave alone. 

thanks👍

• Like 1