Herald 13/60 dashboard assembly

Alan Armstrong

Please can ayone throw any advise on how the centre section of a 13/60 is held in place please?

So once the veneered front is attached to the carcass, the small oval type black trim fits to the front with the small veneer piece, but how is this secured?

The 5 holes in the panel from left to right are : heat control, air distribution, fan switch, master light switch and choke.

I have a u shaped bracket ewith a hole in the centre...I;m guessing i need 2 of these, but to which of the controls do the fit to the back of?

The Canley diagram lends you to believe its on the light switch, but thats obviously wrong. I have the heat control switch and this doesnt work either!

Confused.com!

Hi Glang,

Couldnt download the manual! but all is clear from the diagrams youve uploaded, apart from on the Choke connection, what is the item marked F please? I'm guessing it may be a support metal strap between the Chocke mounting point and the bulkhead?

If so I can make one up to suit.

KR

Alan

Cant understand why the manual wont download but as an alternative I can actually view it online as well....

Item F is a locknut which clamps that support bracket in place so the choke assembly is rigidly attached to the bulkhead. Its needed because the knob does requires quite a bit of pushing and pulling and you dont want all that strain going through the dashboard!