RBRR - attention reservists, movement detected!

Those of you who have been keenly watching the entry list will have noticed a little movement, we've had some withdrawals and therefore places have opened up for reservists. 

So, if you are on the reserve list, look out for notice that a place is available for you to take up - complete the 'purchase' through the shop and all will be well. Because we have several reservists patiently waiting, you'll be hounded by me to confirm taking up and paying for the place or I will have to make it available to the next in line. T 

Don't worry about being at the start line. 

You'll get an entry no problem. 

Previous years have had much, much larger reserve lists and everyone got an entry. 

Concentrate on getting your Triumph ready because you will get an entry and we'll all see you at Knebworth in October. 

Jim. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 2:37 PM, McJim said:

Concentrate on getting your Triumph ready because you will get an entry and we'll all see you at Knebworth in October.

We are ready Jim! She was recommissioned last year after being 'asleep' for 39 years! We got her at 6420 genuine miles and have done about 1000 in her so far.

• Like 2

Slight non-technical issue with the red star, my bad. It means that reservist is now invited to take up a place. I should have written to them (I have now) and given them 10 days to take up the place before offering it to the next in line.

Why 10 days to take the place? Because we have found in the past that people don't take up places and that burns the time available for the next in line to get their car ready.

So, due to my error, those red starred reservists have had a little extra time 🙂

Edited by Jason
typo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

More movement - three withdrawals this week, commiserations to those who can't make it.

I've been away this week travelling so entry admin wasn't high on my priority list but I've sorted out three withdrawals and invite the next three reservists to enter.

Looks like we are getting through the reserves, only 4 left 🙂

Howdo.

I'm one of your reservists (second driver for CT member @Rob Dickinson as the other half of team Rob and Andy).

Rob signed up yesterday through a form that implied only the primary needed to be a CT member, but I'm struggling to reach the form at https://www.clubtriumph.co.uk/rbrr/how-to-enter from my machine to join him as a team mate.

I just see:

To purchase event entry tickets you need to be signed in as a Club Triumph member.

You are currently NOT signed in as a Club Triumph member.

Any idea on what I'm misunderstanding?

Cheers,

Andy.

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

Your main driver needs to enter you as a second driver.

nothing to stop you be stood next to him and enter your credit card details.

Thanks @thescrapman. Nothing except geography, and such triflings shouldn't be a constraint for an RBRR entrant 🙂. I'll make my way to his later in the week.

Further movement on the RBRR Reserve list - check your mailbox if you're a reservist!

It's easier if the main entrant buys the entries as, because we are into the reserve list, only the main entrant will be able to see the shop offering.

Can I recommend a little app that I use on most of my events - www.splitwise.com it's ideal for this sort of thing, especially if you have a three man crew. Splits the 'debts' up amongst the crew and lets you split 2 or 3 ways. I have no affiliation and other apps like this are available - it's free for the basic version which is all I ever use.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Further movement on the RBRR Reserve list - check your mailbox if you're a reservist!

It's easier if the main entrant buys the entries as, because we are into the reserve list, only the main entrant will be able to see the shop offering.

Can I recommend a little app that I use on most of my events - www.splitwise.com it's ideal for this sort of thing, especially if you have a three man crew. Splits the 'debts' up amongst the crew and lets you split 2 or 3 ways. I have no affiliation and other apps like this are available - it's free for the basic version which is all I ever use.

YEAH!! We are in!! Had to pick 'Overseas' as there does not appear to be a local group in Wales?

Looking forward to participating in this great event, not sure I will say the same after the event but I am sure the sense of achievement will quickly disperse the pain in the 'old' body! 

• Like 2