Spitfire Tyres.

tweedy998

Blockley make very good tyres to suit classic cars and their rims.  I have had fitted some to my Morris Minor because there are very few size correct tyres available to fit it's original steel wheels correctly but they are expensive.

I asked the very same question as you on this forum for my Spitfire 1500 regarding period Michelin tyres from Longstone.  The majority vote was for the Falkens mentioned by Sam in the previous post which I duly fitted and made a massive improvement to the handling and very good value.

My Spitfire had 20y old Pirellis which although in perfect condition made the car understeer very easily on tight bends - not usually a common problem in a Spitfire.  This is no longer a problem with the Falkens although I suspect my previous tyres may have hardened with age - there has been talk of putting a 10y age limit on tyres for the MoT which in general may not be a bad idea.

• Like 1