Can a MK1 Bonnet fit on a 1500?

Spitfire1500

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-Spitfire-1500-IV-Fibreglass-Bonnet-Red_W0QQitemZ270123554636QQihZ017QQcategoryZ27383QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is the above on Ebay. Fibreglass and all that - in London. Nothing to do with me (etc) (etc)

neil

Hey everyone,

Cheers for the help!

Seems the Mk1 bonnet exchange is just far too much trouble - shame really - it's a good condition one!

The fibre glass bonnet there Neil I have been watching but it does need work on it (though nothing like what my current bonnet needs).

I recently started grinding off the welding seam on one of the wings on my bonnet and I am going to do the same for the other.

Just looking at my options at the moment.

David

That bonnet does need some work. It looks like it needs some filler to make good but it looks like it is a day or twos work at the most then a spray. I wouldn't have a galss fibre bonnet unless I didn't have an option. Why are you grinding off your wings? have you got replacement panels to go on David? You can't get an MOT without wings being on there so you are delaying your MOT unless you can get new ones welded on.

I don't quite understand your plan here. Maybe I have missed something........

Hi Neil,

It's not much of a plan I have actually!

I got bored a few months ago, and started grinding the welding seam with hammer and chisel. I don't actually have replacement wings because those few months ago I thought I could quite easily get a new pair of wings for my price range,but nothing ever goes to plan!

At the moment, the wing is held on by the remaining seam and gaffa tape.

David

Archived