Hardtop v Soft-top

Hello Seasoned RBRR's,

First-timer here! So looking at the week ahead we still haven't decided whether to put the hardtop on or go with the soft-top? I guess both have their pros and cons and will ultimately depend on the weather which was the right choice. Going by the weather app it's not looking too bad and temperatures are not getting very low.

I would like to hear from those members who have done either or even both what their preference is and why.

Thanks

Paul 

Onle done the RBRR in a GT6 or a Saloon, this time Jason and I are in a TR6, will keep the soft top in place andmay drop it down during the day.

At this time of year, the nights are starting to get cold, so we may regret this. 

I suppose it depends upon how good the soft top is at being water and draft tight?

• Like 1

I did my first two RBRRs with the hardtop on my Spitfire. It’s slightly quieter and drier. The third time I decided to keep the soft top on as a challenge.  I’ve never looked back as I’ve done the last 6 with the soft top.

Weather permitting, nothing beats driving through parts of the event like Scotland with the roof down. You can always wrap up if cold.

I’ve made adjustments to the soft top over the years to help make it more water tight and less drafts.

I just ensure we take warm clothes, hats and waterproofs and have never felt cold in the car. 
As the weather is looking OK I would do it in the soft top. The next RBRR (and you will want to do another one) you could do it in the hardtop and then compare. 🙂 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...