storing a hood and frame

Fizzy

is there a particular way a hood and frame should be stored to keep it from getting bent or torn or damaged in anyway ? like a special way to fold it up or anything ? i know to keep the windows flat, but anything else ? anything to keep it supple or anything ?

Seems to me that keeping it "supple" is more a matter of storage temperature. I'd consider just folding it as per normal instructions, but perhaps doing so using soft sheets or towels for padding/insulation. I'd also consider some sort of well-sealed storage container or, at the very least, your favorite rodent repellent in good supply nearby. It is amazing what mice can and will do.  ??)

Oh, and I'd make sure it's clean before storing it.

Storage?
Dont you use the car during winter?
If you use the car during winter,and fit a hard top, just undo the two rear deck bolts, fold the window wings in and over, then allow the whole top and frame to sit back into the rear deck.Then just fit the hard top. Then the top is stored, its dry etc etc. Come february, off with top and hey presto theres a soft top !
No need to store anywhere but on the car. If you have a hood bag aswelljust use it to cover the softop

i have fitted a hard top. i took the roof out because when folded it covers my speakers. yes, i know, why have i got speakers in my car ??) i listen to lots of music. its hard enough to hear it over teh exhaust as it is, without it being muffled byt he roof. ;D

cheers

yamaha_fizzy wrote:
i have fitted a hard top. i took the roof out because when folded it covers my speakers. yes, i know, why have i got speakers in my car ??) i listen to lots of music. its hard enough to hear it over teh exhaust as it is, without it being muffled byt he roof. ;D

cheers

Bigger amp required?  :)

Archived