Most awkward/painful fitting

Velocita Rosso

The most awkward /painful thing to attach/reattach on a Spitfire MK3?......the driver side windscreen washer tube to spray nozzle in the scuttle.....and the two bolts/screws fixing the GRP tunnel cover to the scuttle ,just above the bell housing. Bent spine scraped knuckles and neck ache. Today`s task....to get all three , as the washer hose is dangling loose 

10 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

The most awkward /painful thing to attach/reattach on a Spitfire MK3?......the driver side windscreen washer tube to spray nozzle in the scuttle.....and the two bolts/screws fixing the GRP tunnel cover to the scuttle ,just above the bell housing. Bent spine scraped knuckles and neck ache. Today`s task....to get all three , as the washer hose is dangling loose 

The issue I have is more to do with glasses slipping/falling off once I am inserted upside down into the dash.... Or the light moving and shining directly at me.

1 minute ago, Clive said:

The issue I have is more to do with glasses slipping/falling off once I am inserted upside down into the dash.... Or the light moving and shining directly at me.

Exactly in every sense.....my main problem is when I`m upside down with legs on the back of the driver seat......then trying to get out ,and hopefully somebody listening to me ,,....shouting....Help!

Replacing the reversing light switch on the TR7. It unscrews easily, but it requires two hands to align and turn it blind for reinsertion. Unfortunately the opening in the transmission tunnel is only wide enough for one hand at a time ...

21 hours ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Yey, removal of parcel shelf , changing to reading specs, ripping holes in upper hand and much back ache....managed to slot the tube back on to the nozzle. Now replace parcel shelf .....tomorrow!!

Parcel shelf back in Tip. Because you have difficulty in aligning the two hole in the mill board with the two clips attached to the scuttle interior ( as its black and dark under there) stick two small white s/a labels on the two clips then a red marker dot on the label, you can then see through the millboard where the red dot is, then screw the self tapper through the millboard.

• Like 2