PI vacuum question

Sienna PI

Hi All!

I have just had a vacuum (smoke) test on my mk2 PI.   Would anyone know if it is correct for the smoke to appear from :-

i)  Where the butterfly linkage spindle inserts into the the throttle bodies? (This is appearing on all three bodies).

ii) From the bottom of the Vacuum dome (which is screwed down with four set screws? (This is the "seam" just below the 

vacuum intake union and not he union itself).

Both units are newly reconditioned.  

I'm just concentrating on the vacuum side at the moment!!!!

Any help appreciated.

Dave.

• Like 1

Of these two issues the most worrying is the vacuum dome as this should have a tightly sealed joint. You should be able to suck on the vacuum connection to it and block it with your tongue so it holds vacuum...

• Thanks 1

Yes the spindles not so worrying as theres always going to be some leakage and its effect should be minimal...

With the vacuum dome maybe its been distorted or theres a burr or something stopping it seating properly? Again although it has to be corrected the effect is probably small but have you got a running problem?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply glang.

Yes, not quite running correct!   Seems down on power at top end and feels like a minor mis-fire.

I have now booked it in at Moordale Motors as I have another issue that I want Dale and co to look at for me!

Cheers,

Dave.

1 hour ago, Sienna PI said:

Thanks for your reply glang.

Yes, not quite running correct!   Seems down on power at top end and feels like a minor mis-fire.

I have now booked it in at Moordale Motors as I have another issue that I want Dale and co to look at for me!

Cheers,

Dave.

Dale is the man what he doesn’t know isn’t worth  knowing 👍