Alex

I've been advised that the later distributor's are better, less scatter or something due to shorter rotor?

I have a 2.5 S distributor but want to change the advance weights for 13 degree ones from an older distributor(41236).
I've been told to aim for 32degree max.....

I can get the older distributor apart as it has a screw in the top,however I'm not sure how to take the S distributor apart,anyone know?

This is all to fit in my new engine that I collected earlier this week 8)
Tr5 cam, unleaded head and running on carbs.(next thing will be working out what needles...)

......obviously I may have got the wrong end of the stick about what I'm meant to be doing?

Alex,

Both come apart roughly the same way - screw under the felt pad under the rotor arm.  Not sure that it's wise to mix bits between 22 / 25 series and later 45 series (if that's what you are proposing).  Remember 13º at the distributor = 26º at the crank.

You might find this download useful (pop your cars on Glens site while you are at it)
http://www.triumphowners.com/resources.cgi?articleID=111457&parentID=111456

There are a couple of companies around who can rebuild you dizzy properly with new bushes etc.  Money well spent I think.
Use of electronic ignition will reduce scatter as they don't sideload the centre cam.

Cheers

Nick

If you want the job doing properly I would suggest the distributor doctor. www.distributordoctor.com

Great service, I've used him for our TR4 distributor... fast turnaround, distributor comes back better than new with the advance curves before and after on a chart.

Nice guy to chat to as well.

Will also build it to your spec.

Cheers

Darren

Archived