Lt77 gearbox to Triumph 6

Gt6s

Quoted from Nick Jones
I suppose you could space the engine side by cutting the outer 15mm or so off another backplate and using that as a spacer.

Nick

Job for the plasma cutter. Still think setting the gearbox up in the lathe and grinding it with a grinder in the tool post.

Laurence

Decided today I would concentrate on fitting a new head liner to my other Gt6. Got sidetracked a little and measured up the spigot with the spacer ring fitted and now the splines no longer foul with the flywheel and the clutch plate is well engaged on the splines WELL HAPPY.  
The new spacer ring, I was a little concerned about adding weight as I am putting this car on a diet, trying to shed weight from the chassis up. I have realised now I can trim weight out of the centre of the existing engine plate with the plasma cutter to more than compensate.
I was on the phone with a mate last night. His comment was that before I got the plasma cutter I would not have contemplated cutting down engine back plates but I would have found another way. That's true enough, plasma cutter is fun though.

Laurence