prop to diff flanges

GT6 M

Can any one say for certain if the yokes of a Herald  will fit
the outer yokes on a Late Spitty

reasone, the flanges on a Herald / early Spitty are smaller.
both size and bolt wols.
and need to fit some flanges of a later Spitty to the prop / drive shafts,

so they can mate up to a Late diff.

So, basicly, outer yokes {  the outer bit  that mates to diff / drive shaft } onto innner yokes  { bit attached to prop / drive shaft  inner bit } on a Herald / early Spitty

M

Marcus, delighted to help after all the good advice you have given me. The yokes are the same size. UJ's are the same size. Only the flange (and nuts and bolts) are bigger on the later cars. I've got a 3.89 diff with the larger flange and it fitted fine on my mk3 Spit which originally used the small flange propshaft. I used genuine Volvo UJs although I believe Freelander UJs are as good.

Thanks, thats sorted that oot then,
So should be able to just change the ends owa.
should be another satisfied customer then.  
wid the extra stuff wing,n its way to Him, noo I no wats wat:)

Was thinkin that the yokes maybe a smaller dia. as non to compare with.
as just aboot every thing else is smaller on a 4.11
the cross pin is smaller than a midges Ole man
skitty wee bolts
wee pinnion and shaft /nut
small output shafts
small flanges
smaller side bearings
Barr the thickness of the crown wheel,!!!

M

Hi Marcus . Rallyspit is correct . All yokes take the same UJs so you can swap Herald yokes for Spitfire Yokes, or Vitesse or GT6 ... to get the configuration that you  need. I have a 1500 spitfire gearbox and overdrive mated to a 13/60 diff and driveshafts., via a modified propshaft. Spitfire yoke at the gearbox, Herald yoke at the diff. Cheers , Dave.

One note to add - you can swap the flanges because the yokes are the same, but you can also fit the later Herald / early Spitfire small flange stub shafts into a late Spitfire diff, to go the other way. That's what Toby had (briefly) having inherited it from Henrietta Herald (1500 in a 13/60) before the years dumped at the back of a wet barn took their toll and required a recon diff. The early Herald diffs had smaller shafts, though.