"round britain this , round britain that, its all you think about . Il'll be glad when its over."!!!!! Phone calls at all hours etc. etc.

Does this sound familiar to other members?
After 8 previous runs i don't know what the problem is.... I will have to treat the good lady this week otherwise i can see a red card being issued with no appeal likely.!

RBRR is like the CIA. Once you are in you are in for life.

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1159700896,s=1 date=1159706597]never thought entering a car event back in 1998 would make such a change to my life![/quote]

Don't say you had a full head of hair then?  :o ;)

[quote by=david_langrick link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1159700896,s=0 date=1159700896]"round britain this , round britain that, its all you think about . Il'll be glad when its over."!!!!! Phone calls at all hours etc. etc.

Does this sound familiar to other members?
After 8 previous runs i don't know what the problem is.... I will have to treat the good lady this week otherwise i can see a red card being issued with no appeal likely.!

RBRR is like the CIA. Once you are in you are in for life.
[/quote]

Just watch what your saying Mr Langrick >:(

I'm doing my 5th RBRR, my 2nd RBRR I was 5 months pregnant, how's that for commitment :P

I have the same problem with my husband (Berkeley) who won't let me have any more Triumphs how mean is that.  I've only got 3 and want more, I can't see anything wrong in that .

Mines a bit fed up of it all, though she's just arranged to go on some 'night out with the girls' Saturday so that should keep her happy for a while.

I suggested that she come and see us off but she didn't seem to see the point... cheers then!

I don't think she'll be happy when I tell her I intend to do the 10CR. Lets hope she can drive by then and somehow suddenly falls in love with the "smelly hot uncomfortable dangerous" GT.

As from May when my wonderful car failed its Mot, me and dad have spent any time we have outside in the drive working, and when we came in, we were discussing and writing lists for the next day, perfectly reasonable if you ask me. Resulting in 'All you ever talk about is those stupid cars' and 'i can't wait till its (RBRR) over and we can get back to normal' from my mum. so yes i sympathise with moaning. It has been hard but i can't wait, i've been looking forward to this for months, so see you all on Friday, well hopefully anyway ali

My missus hasn't given me too much grief yet, although she did  have a little whinge this morning about me not supplying the usual 7am cup of tea on Friday morning or helping her get the kids ready for school as I'm going to sleep on till lunchtime as part of my "preparation" !!. Need to keep her on side though as she's picking me up from the Plough at the end and I don't want to be stranded!

All things considered I reckon I've got away quite lightly from my other half. Bearing in mind that I live in Redditch and she lives in Dudley and as such we only see each other weekends, there have been several weekends recently where I've either not seen her at all or, like last weekend, I said "Come over at 6. We'll be finished by then" and then sent her a message saying "Better make it nearer 7" and when she did, we still weren't finished  :B
Had to give her the directions over to Chatterton's and it was the best part of another hour before we finally called it a night......

She's been quite philosophical about it all, really, saying that the RBRR has at least forced me to focus on putting things right with the car. On the flip side, however, she still refuses point blank to drive the thing, though  :( (Which put paid to my "Emergency Co-Driver" plan)
On the plus side, though, she has said she'll drive out to the Oswestry stop to see us on Saturday night  8) So she can't be THAT annoyed by it all.......  :P

Archived