Personally I loath all that fancy dress malarkey. The RBRR is a proper motoring event run by a motor club with the serious aim of attempting to raise as much money for a Charity.

There have been a few teams in the past that have dressed up in FD or made the car up, I have always thought it looks bloody daft and it never lasts the whole event. I always think the people look like like prats!

Sorry if I am being po-faced, but one of the attractions of the event is that it is authentic to the spirit that it was first run in and is a proper car event. Steve Waddingham has a term for this sort of things that I cannot repeat, but it is spot on.

Again, no offence intended. I appear to be making a habit of this.

My only intentions with this thread were to inject a bit of life into the forum and have a laugh. Possibly to see if we could get someone to make a fool of themselves as well. Just like when you're at school and someone says they'll eat a worm for 5p - if you have 5p on you you're going to pay him. I couldn't remember who it was or the outcome of the thread either so was trying to satisfy my curiosity.

You found it so bad, Alan, that you felt the need to take a picture to keep the memory? ;D

Tim, I understand your position. You've got to respect the charities involved and the history of the event.

One day, when I eventually make it to the Plough I'll buy you a pint. Missed the last one due to a last minute emergency.

AlanChatterton wrote:

Can we have a quiet word with Jase, and get Marshall's entry accidentally "lost"???!

Don't even think about it!!

Tim, thanks for your input on this; will make it easier to politely decline the bet. Unless there is sufficient demand for the fancy dress.
I'll even auction the outfit afterwards........  :K)

Archived