timbancroft61 wrote:
interestingly no Scottish based crews have entered the event

I wasn't expecting that to be the case  :o  Ah, of course, the Scots have to enter the RBRRNTBTTWGH -- Round Britain Reliability Run Nearly Twice By The Time We Get Home  ;D ;D ;D

Have to say that's added a bit of spice to the wait for the next club magazine... ;) ;) :D

It feels like it for those of us in Yorkshire too. Never mind "only" 2000 miles on an RBRR- we've done that part way round too. We did several counties just getting to the first 20 Counties Run.

A big blue saloon had a viscious side scrape on last year's run I recall.

The trusty Courier van (1678 VC) started a misfire towards the end of the run, by the time we got back to Brum a complete valve seat (on a fairly new unleaded head) fell out.

A fantastic John Kipping car known as Wilma let me down when a diff seal failed, all the oil escaped and the diff imploded.

Of course the last event a 13/60 estate half shaft let go at the start, thank goodness we were able to get back for the 2000 estate and complete the event

heraldhabitat wrote:

A fantastic John Kipping car known as Wilma let me down when a diff seal failed, all the oil escaped and the diff imploded  

Wilma (517 WMA) lives! Wilma (a Courier) sits in the queue here awaiting it's 3rd rebuild, the last bought on by a shed collapsing on it here after a storm! Wilma is the only Herald I routinely used to get opposite lock perfectly controllable power (power?!) slides in. Courier rear springs, and Koni's, good eh Bill?
I have a picture somewhere of Wilma with a shed sitting on it, must sort it out.

Archived