All,
I'm going to approach Goodwood and Brooklands about the possibility of using their premises as stops on next years RBRR. These venues will replace the Fleet services stop. Only prob. is that the old A354/A30 section from Blandford Forum to the M3 will go, which is shame as these roads are superb fast A roads. No loss though about not going on the M3. However road from Goodwood to Haslemere is a good 'un. From Haslemere we join the A3 go up to Byfleet to Brooklands and than out through Weybridge, Chertsey, Staines and Stanwell Moor to join the M25! Oh yeah, the M25 will still figure!!!!!
I have to talk to Nigel Abdullah about the route/timings etc. as this aspect of the organisation of RBRR is very much his baby.
Of course the above two organisations might refuse us.
Cheers,
Tim B 07966 289 782

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,
Yes that could be useful, firstly I am going to write to them to tell them about the event, and then follow it up. I did mention my idea to a Brooklands employee at our National day, he told me to write to the Marketing Manager, however he could not tell me his name as the present one is leaving and he did not know the new ones name.

So it might be useful if when I get a response from them, if your wife could pop in and have a chat.

Thanks,
Tim B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Martin,

Not sure how to play this, I suppose that it all is dependant on the no. of northern members who enter.

But yes I can obviously see that to get down to Enfield on a monday night could be a pain.

Let's play it by ear. As entries come in I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks for your offer.
Good luck with TR7 this week! Umm! told you about GT6's, so much simpler!

Cheers
Tim B

• 5 weeks later...

;) Come on then, Tim - give us a few comments on the new route.

Have you thought about a stop somewhere between Stirling and Oswestry for example?

I imagine I will be visiting the chip shop in Carlisle I found last time - I did the 2000 RBR craving some fish and chips, never found any so decided to make sure I did in 2002!

Alternatively, I would be happy to see if I could arrange a coffee and fuel halt just off the M6 at Preston - the "Tickled Trout" junction would make sense (although that also has Lancashire Police's motorway patrol base!).

I am sure there would be some north western club members who would want to meet up with the crews there too.

All depends on timing though I suppose.
??)

• 1 month later...

Not sure how to play this, I suppose that it all is dependant on the no. of northern members who enter.

Of course, if you want to hold one in Derbyshire, I know a few Pub Landlords that would probably be happy to oblige :D

Or we could always hold it on my Used Cars Sales pitch instead :D

• 1 month later...

Jason,

What the hell is MS format?

Nigel Abdullah designs the route of the run, I'm about to spend a day with him a week on Sat. recce'ing the new section from Dorchester to Goodwood to the M25. We will then compile the road book which will then be sent to the printers and then issued at the Drivers Meeting 2 weeks before the event.
Once issued it is a good idea to get the largest possible scale road atlas of the UK and highlight the route, also fit a map light to the dashboard for the front passenger to use. Holden's do a range of 12V lights which can be wired into your cars wiring system.

However as the only revisions from last time are the final 200 miles, why not have a word with Dave P. who must have a rood book from last time.

By the way, Dave did not enter at Stoneleigh as he did not have his cheque book with him. Could you give him a gee up! So far I have only received one entry from the Canley bunch.

I'll see Dave on Friday - cheque book my arse, you didn't fall for thatdid you? Remind me to borrow some money off you :-) I told you, use the hard sell and maybe run off with goods to the value of £100 from the stand! I will give him a gentle size 10 to the nuts.

On the 10CR Martin sent me the route for Microsoft Autoroute - a computer route planning software package - I just thought if one already existed I wouldn't need to make one. It's OS based mapping and is excellent for this sort of thing and you can print out a detailled road book too - disposable mapping  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

A quick note to say we have recce'd the new section of the RBRR route on Sat. Adds an extra 30 or so miles, therefore bringing the total up to nearly 200.

All the control stops have been finalised, still awaiting reponses from all the marshals.

Entries still coming in, I will inform of latest ones soon.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived