Thought I had better check as I know they have been doing it recently, the old bridge over the river Severn, just after Chepstow will be closed from Friday 3rd 21:30 - Sunday 5th 21:00
http://www.severnbridge.co.uk/maintenance.shtml

This bridge is part of the route as shown in the route book, page 33.

There will probably be a diversion route given, but it may be worth planning ahead, if you want a quicker route, though it does miss the Monmouth to Chepstow road, via Tintern, you could take the A449 south to Newport and then onto the M4, over the new bridge and the M49? to the Avonmouth, M5 and Gordano services.

Obviously to late to change the RoadBook, please remember this was finalised in mid August.

This bridge closure is mentioned in the Final Instructions that will be issued at the start. Should'nt take long to work out an alternative, not alot of traffic at that time therefore no real congestion probs. By missing out monmouth, crews will miss out the Forest of Dean and the A466, a great road. I imagine the Highways Agency will post a diversion.

Keep on the A40 to Marstow, turn right onto the B4234 then another right onto the B4432, down to the A4136 where you go right and it'll take you to the A446 on the other side of the river, adds 10 to 15 miles on, (from my road atlas anyway)

Good job I picked up a couple of map lights today.......it'll be dark there.

Mark

Alex wrote:
Ferny does that mean your cars welsh?
How do you find driving on the left side of the car? I guess overtaking takes some getting used to?
Actually scrub the last statement I've seen your car ;)

It's an Isle of White car but somehow ended up in Wales before I got it.

As for driving on the left - I woodn't know what you're on about!  ;D

Archived