Donington track day with MGOT

TRTOM2498

Had a great day, with fine weather last Monday. Car was a delight.

Some quick V8 machinery, including an MGZS V6 ex touring car. Had a great laugh following it about, he could not lose me.

Stats:
MGZS
1050Kgs
200BHP.

TR6:
1060Kgs (weighed as Donington whilst I was there)
193BHP on recent rolling road.

Like the owner said, it was a close call. However, he was not running slicks, as they were not permitted.

Here is some footage, only a short clip of me, if you fast foward circa 11mins into the video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRxtxnAUyI&feature=youtu.be

After Silverstone GP circuit week before, now this, car is ready for a set of tyres. !

Cheers.

TRTOM2498 wrote:
Had a great day, with fine weather last Monday. Car was a delight.

Some quick V8 machinery, including an MGZS V6 ex touring car. Had a great laugh following it about, he could not lose me.

Stats:
MGZS
1050Kgs
200BHP.

TR6:
1060Kgs (weighed as Donington whilst I was there)
193BHP on recent rolling road.

Like the owner said, it was a close call. However, he was not running slicks, as they were not permitted.

Here is some footage, only a short clip of me, if you fast foward circa 11mins into the video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRxtxnAUyI&feature=youtu.be

After Silverstone GP circuit week before, now this, car is ready for a set of tyres. !

Cheers.

Oh Tom I was disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing your TR6, but you were so fast you shot off up the track too quickly and were only visible for a short time!
Great to see 8)

You realise you are very naughty driving so fast in a car that most MG enthusiasts think is not very good!
For years they have been fed on a diet that the MGB was Britains finest and the best sports car available.

Now you go and blow their doors off with TRIUMPH ............!!!! I say there must be a law against it old chap ;D

I have to say that when you took me round Goodwood in that 6 it reminded me of why I was called TR Stonewall by friends when I owned TR,s cos I love em.