master cylinder bracket angle

Perfect 65

I have just been looking at my master cylinders - 1500/Mk4 set-up. The clutch reservoir sits fairly vertical and has obviously been made that way to suit the style of the master cylinder set-up. The brake reservoir is on the tilt as it has not been made to suit the angled set-up and that is not a problem to me although I wonder why a suitable brake cylinder was not produced. Anyway, I was also looking at the relevant master cylinder brackets for both clutch and brake and they seem to have slightly different angles of elevation. The clutch bracket has more elevation than the brake. Also the clutch bracket has an extra bracing plate welded just above the upper weld-nut. Does anyone here have a view on this? I just wondered if the brackets could have been interchanged when previously taken off for painting.

************* Just seen thread by another contributor and got my answer. yes, previous owner did juxtaposition the brackets - it all makes sense now.

I may be wrong on this but I always believed the brake mount had the reinforcement behind it; this is the way I'd fit them myself however this was done without any reference whatsoever - it just seemed correct. I have good sets of brackets and one is always a slight angle of difference to the other.