stanley

You can fit rear belts in any of the big saloons as the mounting points are already there. There is one on each rear arch behind the seat squab, two in the centre under the seat squab & if you take the rear parcel shelve out you will see the other two mounting points by the rear window. hope this helps.

It's a few years since we've had a child seat in our 2000, and I realise that designs change regularly. Nevertheless, we found that many of the Britax designs were perfetly suited to static belts. We used a Britax Freeway, but I'm pretty confident that model is now obsolete.
The caveat is to read the instructions for yourself, the staff selling the seats will rarely have been asked about static belts, they will be programmed to say "no".
We ultimately fitted a NOS set of period inertia reel belts inthe back, with only one mounting needing modification. These are stil inplace regularly restraining our six year old on a booster seat,
Cheers,
Bill.

I've got inertia reel belts in the back of my Mk.II 2500TC that will take a car seat (we have Britax Rennaissance seats)

As far as I'm aware, the set up is the same as in the Mk.I (these belts were originally in a Mk.I and bolted straight in).

If you're after brand new ones, Securon are probably the best - the code you need is 254 and if you're quick, there are a pair on eBay up in about an hour and a half - see Item number: 8020339624.  ;)

Archived