chazchas

I would contact TD Fitchetts at Telford.

They have a lot of the Original Triumph Press Tools, and their Valances are made using the Original Tooling and are a good fit, they will probably be the best price too :)

With regards to the Bumber retaining strips, theses are supplied seperately for you to spot weld or Rivet onto the Valance.

Regards

Gary    

Buy on price alone as there is (has been for some years) only one company pressing these (and its not in the UK!).

Be careful when buying the bumper retaining strips as some will sell you a straight length of profile. This in turn kinks when you try and bend it around the 'corner' on the valance.

Make sure you are getting a pre curved retainer thats done on the correct tooling. it makes things so much easier.

I got new rear quarter panels and although they are supposedly made on the original tooling the quality is not that good in fact I ended up butchering the NEW offside panel to repair the original. However the nearside panel only required a small amount of work to make good.  

2580 wrote:
I got new rear quarter panels and although they are supposedly made on the original tooling the quality is not that good .  

Sounds like a case for the Trade Descriptions Act on who ever sold you those.

Rear quarter valances haven't been pressed on 'original' tooling for decades.

The repro tooling that is being used now to produce the ONLY available valances is the same that has been used for at least 25 years or more.

I have just been in touch with TD Fitchetts they sound very reassuring so im going with them, they say they do both with or without the w channel, wont be fitting for a while just starting on the body, but will let you know the out come,
many thanks for your help