michael

Hi Michael

A few questions for you as I might be interested in doing this if I can cajole/persuade/bully 😉 someone (probably Byron again) to navigate for me.
Do both driver and navigator have to be CT (or other) members, or just the driver?
Does the HCR count as a night rally?
What does CSMA stand for?!!

Thanks
Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a good, if very slippery, night out round the Hertfordshire lanes.

The Dolomite performed very well for it;s first night time outing, comfortable, warm!!, and by 99% luck and very little skill, Mr Helm and I managed to win it. Still dropped 18 minutes mind.

Hopefully Richard had a good time as well on his first night time event, also his first timed event. We thought he was MIA for a while, but he did reappear at the finish, and Lyn was still talking to him, so it can't have been that bad.

Quoted from thescrapman
Well that was a good, if very slippery, night out round the Hertfordshire lanes.

The Dolomite performed very well for it;s first night time outing, comfortable, warm!!, and by 99% luck and very little skill, Mr Helm and I managed to win it. Still dropped 18 minutes mind.

Hopefully Richard had a good time as well on his first night time event, also his first timed event. We thought he was MIA for a while, but he did reappear at the finish, and Lyn was still talking to him, so it can't have been that bad.

Challenging is how we would put it!

It was a lot harder than we thought it would be, had to miss out 3 control stops and were still last back at the finish by some considerable margin!  However we did survive and so did the car - even if it did sound a bit odd, but that may have been the result of the many floods we ended up driving through - who said classic cars shouldn't be driven!  By the time we got back home today though it was much happier.

Plans for the future will, I'm sure, include more night rallies, but I think that more practice on daytime events could come first.  As for the car - more power, gears and lights would be nice, but a new MOT will be needed soon, so that will take priority now - then there's next year's RBRR to plan for too!

Many thanks to Mike Harrison for organising such a tremendous event and to all the marshals for helping to run it - everyone was very patient with us in our first event of this type, and congratulations to Mike and Colin.

Richard & Lynn