boiler

Quoted from Don Cook-

The issue of the V112 form is largely pointless as, when applying on-line for Road Fund Licence for a tax-exempt car, your car will automatically be made MOT exempt regardless of the V112. The DVLA/GOV have made a pigs ear of this, no doubt about that.

You have all pointed out the grey and confusing areas in MOT exemption but please beware of coming to your own conclusions and making decisions that might be irrelevant; early days yet for garages to make alternative testing/checking arrangements.

In a past-life I have had to dissect many legal documents and Govt/Local Govt policies, solely to find a weakness and terms such as "unlikely" (when referring to the number of cylinders) is bread and butter to lawyers, there will be case-law that covers poor language and it is not enough for anyone to have a defence such as "that's not what we meant" even if it's the Government!

Anyoldroadup, I went out in my tuned, 5 speed GT6 yesterday and it seems to be getting better with each passing year. Anything that makes it easier to enjoy is a bonus so thanks GOV!

If you 'tax' online the car isn't automatically MOT exempt as you have to tick a box to confirm the car meets the criteria to be MOT exempt.