Uho... it didnt occur to me about this until I phoned up to renew my insurance this morning...

To put my Chris (co-driver) on my policy is another 200 quid...

Trouble being that Im now 22 and he's 21... my new policy is for 22 years and over...

Might possibly have to withdraw... :'(

We're looking in to it now... but I have this gut feeling we're a bit buggered... :(

James

Chris' policy is a single car only one...

FJ won't insure for the odd day... has to be a whole year or the remaining policy...

My insurance actually runs out on the 1st of October - and the quote I got from FJ was really really good (expensive post code and young - and the policy is good) - I actually had to ask if she got my age right - it's a lot cheaper than anywhere else. It's too late today to try anywhere else...

So... might have to look for a new co-driver... 22 or over...

I feel such a pleb...

James

three old farts in a V8 Triumph 2000 for a month fully comp - £23  :o
It does help if you work for the largest UK motor insurer and the Underwriter is a classic car fan.
I had real hassles finding cover as most people would not insure the Yank  ??) and if they would cover him they baulked at the car  >:(
I then found out that we had a CLassic Car department, a non-standard risks underwriter who has a Locost kit car and a chief exec who drives a Stag! I don't think the Stag driver had a hand in my deal but hey, Ive got a certificate and it's all legal :-) ;D

Well - it's all been solved - well, sort of...

Chris is going to have to withdraw - and I have found someone who obviously has something slightly wrong with him - and has stepped up to take Chris' place.... Oddly enough his name is Chris also...

Chris isn't a Triumpher - and hasn't driven a Spitfire before... in fact hasn't driven any Triumphs as far as I know... baptism of fire...

So - I hope you'll welcome in to the fold...

Car 69 is now go again!

James

James although I haven't driven a Triumph I have been a passenger many time and have noted down what to do. The majority seems to be pretty usual stuff, wheel between hands, gears, pedals by feet, but I also know about folding the roof down at the glimmer of sunshine and avoiding eye contact with people in MG's.

Archived