Lost Keys

bernard kemp

Lost keys Triumph  1971  fwd 1500   ( Question --- Can you tell me where i can get replacement keys for my triumph, as i have misplaced the originals, unfortunetly I do not have the key number. 

many thanks mr bernard kemp

Edited by Clive
Re named to suit the question

• Clive changed the title to Lost Keys

The key number is usually on the lock barrels, others may be able to confirm. 

Otherwise your options are limited to replacement locks or finding somebody with a lot of keys to try and you getting lucky. 

Or try a heritage certificate, if they have a factory record of the key numbers it is on the certificate. And hope nobody has changed them.

With some Triumphs, glovebox and boot lock are same key, doors and ignition are also the same.

So you can easily get boot lock key number as it is on the glovebox lock.

If the ignition is an FT key (in dash rather than on column, can't picture a 1500fwd) then number should also be obtainable.

That said, any original lock will probably be so worn now, a good selection of keys or even screwdrivers will work.

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

With some Triumphs, glovebox and boot lock are same key, doors and ignition are also the same.

So you can easily get boot lock key number as it is on the glovebox lock.

Mine are all different, I guess that over time all or most have been changed.