Well, thanks all you guys who were entered!! One of the more memorable nights I have had for a while.

I arrived sometime between 12.30 and 1am, to see a gentleman with an old triumph (TR I think, I really need to brush up on these, as I realised to my severe embarrassment tonight that the only TR I recognise is the TR7  :B :B :B ) and one the Vice-Presidents (Graham I think his name was?? Sorry, I was terrible with names tonight!!). Anyway, I pulled up next to them, and asked if they were CT, and said hello etc etc. At that point Graham stared at me for a second, and then asked "are you a CT member?" to which I replied, "not at the moment, but this is due to be rectified as soon as possible."

"Ok" says Graham, "you can be member for tonight, and can you stand by the barrier and let people in, if you don't mind of course!"

Well, that was certainly no hardship to me, I am normally happy to help out where needed, so I donned the requisite yellow jacket, and did some gate duty. Needless to say, not too onerous, other than the fact we could only pass one car at a time though the barrier, (though we did prove that a Spitfire with hardtop JUST fits under the barrier!!).

Since there were two of us outside, we shared the gate duty between us, and managed to snap a few reasonable photos into the bargain. Caught up with a few members I had met before, and met a whole load more!!

It was good to see a couple of improvised mechanics in places (never seen a crank sensor for an ECU held on with cable ties before), and I have to confess I was seriously impressed with the two lassies wearing the pink skirt watchamacallems, they showed qrit and determination considering they were in Scotland on a reasonably chilly night, and heading northwards at that! I can only hope their heater was in good working order.

I shall try and upload some pictures tomorrow when I get up again (this is me just back in the house @0550hrs), it was a braw 31 miles of cycling through the early hours of this morning, and it was worth every foot of it (although my backside is not in agreement on that one!!).

Cheers, and again thanks to all for a good evening, and thanks to Graham for allowing me to give a helping hand!!

Phil

Hi Phil. That was Charlie, (not Graham) who roped you in!! I am Nick with the TR3! Thanks very much for your help. We wouldn't have managed without the extra pair of hands. The layout at Edinburgh Airport is a bit more confusing than it used to be and I noticed that just about every driver was determined to head for the multi-story car park. That is where I ended up when I arrived too!
I hope everyone is doing OK. I don't know how they manage it. I am knackered, but I have had four hours' sleep back at home. It is odd to think that the cars are all at the north of Scotland and have another day and a half of driving!(sleep)

Nick many thanks for the name corrections, I said I was bad with names, didn't I :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B

It was an excellent night, and I can say I was very grateful for the donation of a yellow high-vis jacket, it is quite an experience to be cycling along a main road with juggernauts thundering past you at 4 in the morning!!!

tiggrr, I have to confess the ride was actually quite comfortable temperature wise, I managed to choose wisely in clothing and so was neither too hot or too cold. Bit nippy whilst standing at the airport, but that was too be expected.

Can't wait until I get a car of mine own again so I can enter!!

Cheers,

Phil