Introduction
I have been a long time reader of this Forurm and have always intended to participate.  I thought it would be interesting to chronicle our participation in the 2006 RBRR and this fourm will give me the opportunity to do so.  The best part of it all is that I get the opportunity for feedback from the other members of this forum.

I hope to keep everything on topic, but I am sure we will stray from time to time. 

The basic Plan
Here is a list of the basic tasks which I need to perform to participate in the RBRR

<li>Determine what car to send and get it ready
    </li> <li>Register for the event
    </li> <li>Find a Co-driver
    </li> <li>Find a place to stay
    </li> <li>Get airline tickets
    </li> <li>Ship the car
    </li> <li>Participate in the event
    </li> <li>Ship the car home.
    </li> <li>Other incidental tasks
    </li> </ul>
    Seems like a simple plan.  Stay posted for updates

[quote by=Superfamous link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1143986324,s=1 date=1143994608]Gosh! your shipping your car for the event!

the gt6 shure looks nice on the picture... how about some more pictures!?[/quote]

I have posted pictures to my website.  There are about 80 photos of the GT6 in a photo shoot and from RBRR. 

http://www.patrickbarber.net/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=214
    and
    http://www.patrickbarber.net/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=135

I will apologize in advance, my webhost provider has been having some issues lately with their server so the response times may be slow.  Sorry. 

Enjoy.

Wow! That's one very nice looking Mk1 you've got there.  Great pictures too.
    Puts mine to shame!!  Ah well, once mine's had its respray it'll look as good as yours!  Well, that and fitting decent suspension front and rear, oh and then there's the interior to do, steam clean the engine bay...

Talk about commitment! Shipping your car here just to drive 2000 miles in 48 hours.  With madness like that are you sure you're not English?!!

Mind you after the stress of eveything you've got to sort to even get here, the RBRR will be a walk in the park!!

I really look forward to meeting you and seeing your car. 

Archived