MK3 Engine and or overdrive wanted

aknight123456

Ideally one that's good to go however open to one needing a rebuild too. Are the ones you have in a reasonable looking and complete condition?

I've got a 4 synchro non overdrive box at the moment attached to a MK4 spitfire engine so I'm only really looking for an overdrive unit or full gearbox.

Quoted from aknight123456-

Ideally one that's good to go however open to one needing a rebuild too. Are the ones you have in a reasonable looking and complete condition?

I've got a 4 synchro non overdrive box at the moment attached to a MK4 spitfire engine so I'm only really looking for an overdrive unit or full gearbox.

You can't just bolt an overdrive to the gearbox. You need the overdrive mainshaft too, fitting that involves a full gearbox strip. Then you need the bits to convert the gearbox remote and fit the overdrive inhibitor switch. And there is an adaptor plate between box and od too. So not a simple operation, hence people often choose to get a complete od box, ready to fit.

Quoted from aknight123456-

They look like a head bolted to a block, with a sump on the bottom. No carbs or manifolds at the moment. Got things like flywheels and water pump housings about.

Came as spares with other cars so never taken them apart.