Triumph found at end of rainbow

Samsbits

Dave Tongue/Simon Kenway  in there light blue mk1 2000  deserve 'much respect' for their completion of the 10cr against many mechanical set backs along route. Although only just recovering from the inhaling vast quantities of their emissions  most of the way round.  When the best advice to them would have been to take it easy on the Fluelapass they did not.....
Well done guys.

Thanks very much " Samsbits " for a great photo.Many apologies for your intake of our emissions. As for the Fluelapass, I take it you are refering to the Saturday night section, just before St.Moritz ? This as I have said on another thread was when the car was at it's best throughout the whole event. Excuse my ignorence but which car where you in and where were you in the order of play ? Nigel was first, then the TR6 then us. Hope you had as much fun up there as we did. I don't know who was more surprised at the end of that section. Us for actually having the power to keep up and even catch up with the first two, let alone completely leaving more powerful machinery , way behind us.Or Andy Roberts at the end , who could not belive that we had kepted up !!
Anyway, thanks again for your kind words and fantastic picture, all the best.

David

Oh right, you were in the TR7 ( Sprint engined ? Minilites ?). Thanks again for your help in Switzerland.
Seeing as I was tunnel visioned toward keeping up/catching up with the front two, what was you view off it ? What was going on behind you ? Did you have trouble keeping up ?? !!!
Can we now, please, between us ( !!) dispell of this " Exxon valdez " tag please. Before anyone else catches on !!

Having had time to let it all sink in, I can safely say that the drive up the Fluelapass was the highlight of the event for me. There were loads of other good bits too! In case you hadn't noticed, I really enjoyed driving Nigel's car - thanks again, Nigel, for the opportunity to do so, and for enjoying someone else thashing your car while you were sitting beside him!

Yes Andy R I remember hearing the distinctive 7000rpm high pitch engine scream from 3 cars back! Nigel must have been doing his nut or was fast asleep. As for Dave if only he had kept to the right hand side of the road  TR7 Roger and 'Worksalike'  would have got past even with poor visibility! No one behind us apart from stray AMG trying to keepup!
Paul

Cickey...Were you really that close ? I had no idea, I thought you guys were miles back. But as I have already said, I was concentrating rather more on what was happening in front of me to notice. Still, a damn good drive al the same.............My heart beats faster just thinking about it  !!

[quote by=val1300 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1126737692,s=7 date=1126982093]Indeed it is a great car.Looks the part and sounds good too.............But can't keep up with an almost bog standard 2000 !!!!![/quote]

perhaps a different driver would boost performance...........i'm free

Dean.

• 4 weeks later...

Tim, no wonder your Sprint is gutless with the subframe hanging out !! Try it with the subframe in place, junk that autobox, fit an overdrive and watch it fly.Probably be quicker than both your other cars !!....Not that that would be hard !!...Te he he he hehe hehe hehe

Archived