Piero franchi

Does any one know of other LSD/diff replacments, other than the Subaru.

Seeing as there is a lot of slidding shafts being made, there is not really the need for the cast steel diffs like the subaru.

I would happly buy a subaru diff, but the type I want, is like rocking horse s--t.

I would want the sailsbury (old type unit) LSD, not the readly availibe viscus oil slip diff on the latter subaru.

The nisson skyline diff looks interesting, see attachment

Try "Rocky's Triumphs" in google. NZ site that gives Nissan/Datsun 180B type diff's a good review and has the option of buying a cast mounting plate. These diffs are available with LSD as they wre used in ralleying (particually the SSS model. ) I think the same casing unit was used right up th the 240Z Datsuns which were also raced and may also be an option to look for.

Datsun/Subaru diffs are made by Hitachi. There are several sizes: R160, R180 and R200 (and probably more), the number corresponds to the crownwheel diameter. Rocky's cast plates are for the R160 models.

Another Triumph mate, Joh Hills, built a racing Herald V8 with an entire rear end from a Skyline, with guards flared about 6 inches either side. Not necessarily what you're after, Piero, but unbreakable even in the Targa NZ.

I've done the same thing as GT5-r and used a Sierra diff. It's a fairly involved swap but there are several ratios to choose from and the diffs are interchangeable later.I've just spent a week building up the car - here's a photo, more to come.

Archived