Clutch Judder (still)

Doig

I'm still having some clutch judder problems!

After patiently waiting for some new gearbox cross member bushes to arrive form England. They were installed to great relief. But the problem returned after a few minutes of driving. Retightening the nuts has had no effect either.

Seems to happen when moving off in 1st sometimes about mid way through engaging the clutch. Driving home today at 50kph in 3 rd gear I put the clutch in reved the engine and dropped the clutch it cut in with no spin or any other problems. (so I'm guessing its not oil on the clutch face.)

My main suspect are two non standard bolts in the bellhousing (luckily right down the botttom so I might try replacing those and seeing if it helps.)

My main concern is that the judder comes largely from the rear wheels, this seems strange to me and I wonder if I don't need new diff mounts or axle splines :-/

Not sure what its like in reverse really. I only go backwards first thing in the morning and its kind of down hill anyhow. I'll give it a go on the way to work tomorrow

Tried taking of in second a few times and got a bit of a judder because its intermittent its difficult to be precise sorry.

Although going around a roundabout this morning changing from 1st to 2nd I got terrible judder which is the only time it happened while the car is still moving.

Hopefully Adams right about the UJ's, I've got a few that came with the car but never needed them (or maybe it has). Still the car had its Warrent of Fitness a few weeks ago and they've failed me on UJ's before but it went straight through :)

If it is UJ's I hope they're the ones one the prop shaft not either side of the axle splines :-/

Getting the axles out is a piece of the proverbial if that's what you're concerned about Doig (you probably know that though). No more difficult than prop. I don't think, and it gives you the excuse to grease your splines!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=2000,m=1152001410,s=6 date=1152225513]Have you checked the clutch release mechanism- the bushes that the cross shaft run in wear and cause problems.
Also is the Clutch properly aligned?
[/quote]

I haven't checked the bushes. Its a possibility. But the judders definately come form the rear of the car. So I'll check those UJ's first, I'm sure they'll be easier to get at.

Archived