Fitting O/D to a MK1

sahtuning2000

Right i,ve got a Man Non O/D mk1,but have got a rebuilt A type to fit to it,
My question is is everything the same that goes around it?,prop,crossmember bushes,speedo cable(have drive on new box)etc,is it a simple straight swop?
Also,i need a genuine excellent condition MK1 O/D dash switch and wiring,the gearbox has wiring on it in excellent condition,but i don,t have anything from the dash down,can someone help,a breif description of what wires goe where would be great......

hi dave, A type box will bolt straight in with all your original parts for the dash switch worth contacting Ian at triumph land (he may also have the wiring) if not autosparks in derby make and probably have in stock the overdrive loom that you require they are wiring loom manufacturers for all classic cars worldwide and are recommended, if you want the number contact me. Dave Harvey.

[quote by=sahtuning2000 link=Blah.pl?b=2000,m=1172649119,s=3 date=1172662487]Does anyone know if a TR5/6 switch is the same on the steering column?[/quote]

The mechanism and mounting is the same, the arm is a different shape. The later TR types (like the currently available repros) have a black covering to the stalk, the 2000 type and earlier TRs have a chromed stalk.
Cheers,
Bill.

Archived