Steering problem

Pit Pony

Mine is also stiff but I haven't investigated it fully yet, what I have done though is jacked the car up and removed the steering column from the rack and both wheels turn freely side to side so it isn't an issue with the steering rack or steering arms.
What I did find though is if I loosen the bolts for the upper and lower steering column brackets the steering goes substantially lighter, it is the next job on my to do list.

I suspected steering rack and last night convinced myself it is definitely the new rack. I dropped both track rod ends off and both wheels swung free with no effort.i then turned steering wheel and it was still stiff so loosened off the new rack and still the same. I'll take the rack off altogether and try the steering column on its own to prove once and for all.
I'm going to put old rack back on even though there's a little bit of play and see what happens.

If it turns/moves freely with the weight off the wheels it's not likely to be the rack as the rack isn't directly affected by the weight of the car.

If the steering was stiff before you changed all these parts and is still stiff now then most likely it is something you've not changed.  Have you actually compared your car to another known "normal" car?

Nick