Brake problem

Johnwahlberg

I have a slight brake problem with my gt6 which I have recently purchased, the brakes work fine, it has a servo fitted as well, but when stationery, if you have your foot on the brake pedal the brake pedal pressure will just disappear with the pedal going all the way down to floor, but if taking your foot off and pressing the pedal again, the pressure is back instantly without pumping, I have checked for leaks etc,  But thinking it’s something to do with the servo, there are no Air leeks in the hoses and everything looks fine,  can anyone help, any advice appreciated 

thanks

john

If no fluid is coming out of the system (a leak which sometimes can be difficult to find) then it must be returning to the reservoir. This occurs when one of the seals leaks in the master cylinder and instead of all the effort going into compressing the fluid some is slowly lost as its pushed back into the reservoir. Sometimes you can see its fluid level increase as you keep pressing on the pedal.... 

The master cylinder can be overhauled with a seal kit but its not always successful so a replacement unit might be better especially if your spare time is limited.

I replaced mine with a new 12 quid ebay generic Landrover STC500100 3/4" one (bigger bore so less travel but smaller reservoir) and have been very pleased with it...

What dont you understand Tony?