stricky

Hi Chaps , just ordered a nice new Momo steering wheel, however a Momo supply tells me they don't do a hub kit for the TR7 !!?!!.......now I was 99.9% sure they did, that's why I had it in mind to get the Momo in the first place.

anyone got the hub kit? its a standard 6 hole competition job?

is it the same fitting as a MK2 Mini ( that seems to ring bells ??)

:-/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

While we're on the subject of steering wheels, I wonder if I can have some advice please?

I cleverly (naively) purchased a 12" Mountney Classic steering wheel for my TR7.  Great looking and fine on long straights, but totally impractical on road rally tests and autosolos - as I've found out!  I think I also need a deep dish wheel as I keep knocking the storks when driving in anger.  I've had a Mountney Classic deep dish 14" wheel recommended to me to replace this - Any ideas on what these are like and if it will serve the purpose well? Its got to be better being bigger than the existing one and it will bolt straight onto the existing boss, but I also don't want a Land Rover steering wheel!  Any idea what the works cars ran size wise....?

Thanks

Judging by pictures from the original works cars interior they used both 14" and 13" Moto Lita steering wheels.
I have a 13" in 't Kreng, together with a quick rack it makes for sharp steering at speed, but heavy at shopping speeds.

Archived