Overdrive gearbox mounting plates

Hammy

Hi all I am trying to fit an j type overdrive gearbox to my 13/60....I have fitted gearbox but mounting plate to chassis is about 6 inches out to gearbox.....its forward on closer inspection I think I have a d type gearbox mounting plate (looked it up on canleys) my question is...looking at j type mounting plate (again on Canleys) it looks smaller and mounting to chassis holes look as if they are a different too ........is this the right mounting plate, next question how do I move my engine forward about 10mm as the propshaft is too tight and will not turn
Any help gratefully received as I'm at my wits end with it now

Are you using a vitesse prop? They fit with d type, but too tight for j type.

Best solution is to have the prop shortened.

However, I had the same issue years ago, and needed the car for work the next day. So I made some spacers to fit on the engine mounts from a bit of box steel. Think I had to space the rad forward too, but as I said, it was a long time ago.

Re mounting, I made mine, easy to cut/drill etc. But get the height correct!

I have a Spit 1500 gearbox and J type overdrive on my 13/60. The correct mounting plate is available from Rimmers, I believe. 2 extra mounting holes have to be drilled through the chassis flange to fit it, and you need a shorter propshaft with the appropriate flanges, that is round type at gearbox and square at diff. Canleys can supply correct prop brand new for about £165 + delivery. Cheers, Dave. I'm assuming that you are trying to fit a Single rail box rather than a 3 Rail type, if not some of the above info might not apply!