NZ value - overdrive 4speed

BlakeJ

Hey guys im just after the current value for some parts as im wrecking a buggered bodied PI (in New Zealand) and using the engine and dash etc (and live Pi plates) to convert my Mk2 2000 into a 2500PI. I already have put a overdrive box in my 2000 so this one along with other bits is spare. Whats a ballpark price for a good overdrive box these days?

Also the PI engine i will be using has been sitting for 15 years and now apprantly doesnt start, which im not surprised as im guessing all the seals in the injectiors and metering unit are toast. Father in law is trying to convince me to slap some 2" SUs on it but i think i like the coolness and rareity of the PI, where is a good place to get rebuild kits etc. Any opinions on my plans speak up too im always keen for constructive criticism and advise.
Cheers
Blake

Blake,
O/d boxes seem to go for around $300. Where abouts are you?
I think Collett and Fleming in Auckland know their way around P I's. You'll need other bits if you're going to use a standard 2000 car.
Our Pommie mates will know where bits are available.
Tony.

ive got the whole PI car so i should have everything i need there is regards to pumps etc, will go down the bosch pump line i think. Will swap rear diff and then the pi specific interior bits. I already have power steer etc in the 2000. WIll obviously need to put the pi tank and lines in etc to but buy having the whole parts car it should give me everything i need.

Blake

If you get stuck for PI specific bits in NZ, there is a guy in the UK who is very helpful, Neil Ferguson, who will ship you a complete set of seals for the metering unit etc I am sure. He also does rebuilt MU's etc, but getting bigger bits shipped might be prohibative mind.

Cheers

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the conversion before and it is reasonably straightforward. You will need the tank etc. If you are using the engine as well why not try and get it going in the donor car. Rebuild kits are readily available and people like Collet and Flemming or Darryl at Economy autos in Chch will sort it all.

Cheers
Steve