brucy

I've just bought an electric fuel pump (and FPR) but i was wondering what kind of hose i'm going to need?

I've found this place: http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/hose.htm
Will that be adequate or do i need to get some braided stuff?

Also what do i do with the hole where the old pump was once i've removed it?

So many questions....

Andy

Assuming its low pressure (not PI!!) any fuel hose will do. Saying that the stuff from the local car spares place is all high pressure stuff anyway.

The hole will need a blanking plate made up. Not sure if you can buy them (tr5/6 may have had a blanking plate as std?). Needs to have  a bit of strength so a coke can will not be enough. A bit of body panel steel would be OK though, may need studs undoing from block and replacing with short bolts (and a gasket, which will provide a pattern)

Consider fitting a vent pipe to the plate, and connecting that to wherever you put your rocker cover vent, via a T- or Y-connection.  Just additional crankcase ventilation.
15mm copper central heating pipe comes with useful right angle and T-connections!
John

What benefit does the additional crank-case ventilation bring you?
Is the ventilation via the rocker cover inadequate?

I've wondered about this ever since seeing Mr Sideways' setup with ventilation from both the fuel pump blanking and also from his redundant distributor pedastal.

Archived