Wiper Motor Wiring

mikeyb

I'm trying to resolve an issue before embarking on the 10CR

My wipers do not always stop due to a problem with the actuation of the park microswitch inside the motor.

I think that I will be able to temporarily get around this problem by disconnecting the cable to the park switch.  The only trouble is that there are 5 cables in the wiper motor loom plug and I don't know whick one it is!  I've looked at the wiring diagram but the presence of the intermittenent wipe relay has confused me further!

Does anyone know which colour cable it is?

Cheers

Mike

Dunno about the wiring issue but I seem to recall that one can adjust the microswitch thingy if wipers don't park correctly.
I was told this by a guy this side of the ditch when I mentioned that mine don't always park when the lot has warmed up with use.

Julian

its not the micro switch, its the little metal bit of spring steel that is attached to the end of the rack and slides the plastic thingy that operates the microswitch.

Its cracked so does not push down on the plastic thingy as hard as it should, allowing it to ride over the switch plunger sometimes instead of operating it.

Have effected a "get around" by aralditing a small plywood spacer on top of the plastic thingy so that the cover to the mechanism stops it riding up!

Archived