hardened valve seats.

Lister

Don't bother with (extra) hardened valve seats the originals are fine.
't Kreng is running on the original seats and on unleaded (without lead substitute) since '97. No problems till this date.
OK it has stainless steel valves but that shouldn't make any difference.

It even ran on 95 octane during the 10CR without any problems, still amazes me

cheers Beans.
got three of the suckers so want to try to get the later model fixed up after a dummy fitting session.
Is there such a thing as an extra thick head gasket ? so for all the questions butreally used to working on MGs so thriumph knowledge a little thin.

Cheers again
AL
:)

just really as im using bits from three engines to make one, the pistons may be too near the valves etc so may use a thicker gasket to raise them a little .

got new valves but unsure as to what the existing valves are like until i've pulled it apart

Hiya

You probably know this already, but just in case - when you're sorting out your TR7 engine it would be a good idea to get the head checked for flatness before refitting it as they have a tendency to warp. You can indeed get extra thick head gaskets, I know S&S do them and I think a lot of other suppliers do too.

Good luck!

Ally

[quote by=Spitfireally link=Blah.pl?b=tr78,m=1145466103,s=5 date=1145528631] ... it would be a good idea to get the head checked for flatness before refitting it as they have a tendency to warp ... [/quote]

Hmmm ... sounds more or less familiar ;D

thanks very much guys .. i think the head is flat at least looks pretty much so when i measure it.
will get it checked whilst its at the cleaners. hopefully getting rid of all the scrappy paint from the head and block - will paint it black then ( i think )

AL

[quote by=Spitfireally link=Blah.pl?b=tr78,m=1145466103,s=7 date=1145537481]... I am rather used to weird head gasket issues![/quote]

You are learning fast I see  ;D

But this is what I meant with my remark
Sorry , link no longer available
3 rd reply  :P

Archived