big boy

hi can some tell me it the rear door cards for the triumph herald/ vitesse fit the 13/60 convertable im new to triumph as i have brought the the car to restore and not shore it to buy theses ones allso are the herald and vitesse parts interchangble on all parts  or is it just some parts thanks for you help  

Sorry don't quite understand - unless you have an ultra rare 4 door herald, then all Heralds/Vitesses were 2 door only.  Front door cards differ slightly between models but all wil fit any other door. The trim cards that go under the window to the side of the back seat also differ a bit, but any saloon will fit any other saloon regardless of model, but the ones for convertibles are a different size/shape.

The Saloon Rear Cards are not suitable for the Convertible as they have pockets which protrude towards the outside of the vehicle and if fitted to the Convertible would foul the Hood mechanism whereas the Convertible Rear Cards are basically flat.

The Front Cards i.e the ones fitted to the doors are the same for the Saloon or Convertible (13/60 anyway).

As for parts being interchangeable between Vitesse and Herald then many are the same but not all (it depends what parts you are talking about) Mk2 Vitesse for instance has totally different Rear Suspension to the Herald.

Welcome to the World of Triumph Restorers mine started off as a simple fix and use but two years later and I am just about nearing the point when I might be able to start to put it back together.  

5898 wrote:
hi can some tell me it the rear door cards for the triumph herald/ vitesse fit the 13/60 convertable im new to triumph as i have brought the the car to restore and not shore it to buy theses ones allso are the herald and vitesse parts interchangble on all parts  or is it just some parts thanks for you help  

Archived