Am I right to assume that the indicators on a 13/60 are not self-cancelling? There's no discernable click/pause/click indicator noise and the idiot light is so dim it's very easy to forget to cancel a turn signal. This has led to one near-ish miss (and I just thought he was a road hog oops).

If the signal stalk isn't self-cancelling, then is a new bulb in order or is it more likely that the green lens has fogged up over the years and needs replacing?

My turn to sit back with the red wine and wait for an answer...
Cheers
Dave

the indicators should self cancel, luckily i've never had to mess with them!

To have a look at the springs and such you only have to remove the cowl from around the wheel. The plastic idiot light can glaze over

My Vitesse was the same when I got it. I fixed it by simply.

Took the cowl off, loosened the screws top and bottom that secure the indicator arm to the steering column, pushed the arm assembly in towards the column and tightened the screws again. This was enough to engage the two little sprung levers that cancel the indicators with the lug on the column.

Also worth checking that the steering wheel is aligned with the lug on the column - eg the lug is at 3.00 o'clock when the wheel is straight.

Glen

Archived