rear spring Herald Estate

Martin M

Yes, Mk2 Vitesse Spring for the Rotoflex rear suspension, an uprated one if you plan on carrying heavy loads?

The standard Herald Estate Spring is a different profile, you may find the camber all wrong and it ruining the Rotoflex couplings or CV Joints

Quoted from Mark Hammond
MKll Vitesse I'd say as a Herald one probably won't fit with the Rotoflex set up.

M.

Why won't it fit?  Pretty sure mine is from a swing axle car as I found the Mk2 Vit spring too soft though I can't remember whether it was a Mk1 Vitesse or Herald one as I had both lying around at the time.

Some good info in post 4 of this thread
http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/6343-gt6-leaf-spring-upgrade/

Me - I'd try the estate spring.  You might want a small lowering block or you might not.......

Nick

Was in the garage where most of the Herald parts are. Measured the rear spring. Free arc 134mm, eye to eye unladen 1017mm.  11 blades. Did not have a Vernier caliper so could not measure the blade thickness.
So on is clear, it is not an Estate spring. Most probably a "normal" Herald spring.
Martin