TimW

Tim,

my 480lb springs are around 9.5" free length, when I had the AVO shocks like yours fitted, that put them near the bottom of the threaded adjustment.

I'd suggest you go for some around 8"  free length, that should put them in the middle of the adjusting collar thread, and you can set your ride height from there. ;) :)

worth a look.......http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/standard_springs.htm

Roy 8)

Tim I put 8" free length 650lb springs on my front AVO's and they ride very well even on the bumpy stuff :)

Got them from the same place Roy suggests,

you may be suprised to hear at 6 or 7 clicks from the softest setting you get quite a comfy ride and the steering is really good too.

14 or 15 clicks and you'll loose your fillings and  ;) :Pshatter your spine :o

I stepped up from the standard springs (bouncey bouncey) to 480lbs which were ok but I changed them out for the 650lbs which I find better.

At first I thought they were too stiff but I made the mistake of turning up the damping to far to cope with stiffer springs but once backed off to 6 clicks or so they are ok. I turn them up to 8 or 9 to give it some  ;) on smoother tarmac :)

Thanks guys

I have had a look at d. faulkner but they are very expensive.  I think i may get them from these guys

http://www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=1317

I think i am going for about 600lb

tiggrr1 wrote:
Tim I put 8" free length 650lb springs on my front AVO's and they ride very well even on the bumpy stuff :)

Got them from the same place Roy suggests,

you may be suprised to hear at 6 or 7 clicks from the softest setting you get quite a comfy ride and the steering is really good too.

14 or 15 clicks and you'll loose your fillings and  ;) :Pshatter your spine :o

I stepped up from the standard springs (bouncey bouncey) to 480lbs which were ok but I changed them out for the 650lbs which I find better.

At first I thought they were too stiff but I made the mistake of turning up the damping to far to cope with stiffer springs but once backed off to 6 clicks or so they are ok. I turn them up to 8 or 9 to give it some  ;) on smoother tarmac :)

I told ye so, !!!!!!, and you still went an got 480, arghhhh  ;) ;) ;)

Archived