Hi Tim,

just wondering, would the 175/70 fit under the wheels arches ok?? or is this why you made a bit of space under the arches?  surley is the profile is smaller the chance of them fitting under is higher.

Well due to the different way that the wheel is mounted, using sleeve nuts to provide the location rather than the spigot on the hub, having longer and larger diameter studs seemed like a good idea. The original studs don't extend very far into the Revolution wheel as they're designed for mounting the steel wheels.

I have not had a problem fitting 175/70 13 tyres under the arches with the std rear shocker mounts.
With the type of suspension fitted to these cars with their camber change, is'nt a taller tyre a better bet.

Dave's Spitfire has harder suspension and therefore does not exhibit such camber change, therefore he is able to use 60 profile tyres.

Try this lot for tyres:
http://www.motor-world.co.uk

Me and karl Dandridge did and r'ced a good deal and service.

Very cool... Revs are so good, I'm yet to see a car they look bad on!
Actually... Mk2's are amazing cool. damn you! I want it. I think the single most appealing 'feature' of the 2 is the side louvers in the bonnet. Ah... anyone want to swap their mk2 for my mk1? :D

Dave: Nope :), but you said "Or 185/55/14" and I was thinking "whats that gotta do with what were talking about?"  

That's nice.

Looks like my car but in red and the sills and bonnet fit- very nice.

I'm sure the Firestone jobbies will be fine for the road.

Blimey, I bought my car nearly 24 years ago and was looking at it yesterday and I still think I made the right choice of GT6- mk2's look so good.

Hutch: Your car is superb- really looked good on the RBRR last year. I look forward to seeing her in action again.

Archived