looking for aset of wheels for my rally project im still using tr7 pcd id like a set of 9x15 rear 8x15 fronts but failed to find out what the off sets are on the wheels they need to fill out arches
also looking for a floor mounted pedal box any one help? may consider changing pcd to ford fitment but who and where do they carry out this work?
cheers guys

Original wheels are 5,5Jx13 with an ET of 25mm, that is you starting point. From there use tape measure and calculator.

9J or 8J wheels won't fit in the original arches. You'll need extensions.
With the original ET 7J is the widest that can be fitted within standard arches (with 195 or 205 tyres depends on how accurate the body was thrown together)
Some more reading on this subject http://tr7beans.blogspot.nl/search/label/Tyres and http://tr7beans.blogspot.nl/search/label/wheels
And as you can read there keep an eye on the inside as well ...

Can't help you with floor mounted pedal boxes. But whatever option you choose, be prepared for extensive adaptations.
Once I start on my rally car ('t Kreng) I'll probably adapt the original box.

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably already aware that original wide minilite wheels were available in the correct pcd. I sold a pair of rear ones  2 -3 years ago, they were 13" and may well have been in the widths you're looking for so they may be out there. I believe they may have been ex works but i'm not 100%. I sold them because I couldn't find the other pair a set.

thanks for the input but looks like ill buy a brand new set of minilites prob i have what size  should iuse 13" or 15" im going to hill climb the car so maybe 13" might be better dont know any advice would be appreciated
as far as a pedal box ill use servo for the time being till one comes along
ill have a go at posting pics of my build soon

the car im building engine 3.9 rebored big valve heads balanced flywheel built by ????? also fully rebuilt lt77 box only done 50 miles from rebuild , rear axle tr7 drum brakes with quaife lsd ratio not sure, driven car before scrapping unbelievably fast ,coil overs to front vented disc 4 pot calipers rear spax adjustables, uprated springs ,power steering,all this is being fitted in to a ROT FREE never been welded shell imported from austrailia full weld in cage non sunroof shell,   so as mentioned in earlier posts only real issues i have are WHEELS think ill buy bells from hamilton motorsport but then need my halfshafts converted to ford fitment as theres plenty of wheel options. who does halfshaft pcd change??? or i could buy a adaptor to change pcd  cheers peter

Quoted from peter evans
the car im building engine 3.9 rebored big valve heads balanced flywheel built by ????? also fully rebuilt lt77 box only done 50 miles from rebuild , rear axle tr7 drum brakes with quaife lsd ratio not sure, driven car before scrapping unbelievably fast ,coil overs to front vented disc 4 pot calipers rear spax adjustables, uprated springs ,power steering,all this is being fitted in to a ROT FREE never been welded shell imported from austrailia full weld in cage non sunroof shell,   so as mentioned in earlier posts only real issues i have are WHEELS think ill buy bells from hamilton motorsport but then need my halfshafts converted to ford fitment as theres plenty of wheel options. who does halfshaft pcd change??? or i could buy a adaptor to change pcd  cheers peter

Sounds like a great project, I would love to see some pics of it.

I had planned to modify my half shafts before it fitting the atlas axle but because there are two large openings / holes on the shafts there wasn't enough meat on them to drill the new PCD, I had read about people welding up the original holes.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you have seen my thread about my 'Rally look-a-like' but I bought Revolutions a couple of months back. The rears are 10x13 with ET -38 offset (the widest offset they do) and fill the Rimmers Tarmac arches perfectly. The fronts are 7x13 with ET 00 offset and fill the standard front arches perfectly as well. I am fitting the small rally front arches too. I'm using the Rimmers Vitesse 4 pot kit and after shaving a couple of mm off the caliper casting the 13" rims fit ok. See my thread for more pics and info! The Revolutions are the 'race' versions which are lighter and ideal for tarmac and hillclimbs. Rear tyres are road legal semi-slick 245/50/13 Avon ZZS. Fronts Nankang NS2R 185/60/13.

Not cheap I'm afraid! The Revolutions were £650 including nuts, centre caps Vat and delivery from Tyresave in Chester. The 245 Avon ZZS were £300 for the pair including Vat and delivery from Vintage Tyres. The 195/60 Nankang NS2R were £120 all in from a dealer on ebay. It's a pity Nankang don't do 245 as well! They are reportedly a top road legal semi slick.