Kelvin matthews

Welcome to the forum.
Well done on taking on the spitfire, I suspect we will be hearing more from you in the future, and also some pictures etc of progress.

Anyway, I digress. I am afraid you are out of luck. The spitfire PCD (wheel stud spacing) is a little unusual. Used on Rover (not austin) metro, MGF, Montego/maestro TR7 and dolomite.

however when the off set is taken into account, MGF, maestro/montego and specific wheels for the cars are the only real choice. Plenty of cheap minilite types available new, or revolution 4 spokes (very nice). Or keep an eye on ebay etc, used ones do turn up.

Some Lotus's (Lotii?) have the same PCD also. One set of my Revolutions were bought from the Lotus site on the 'bay intended for Elans unused and dead cheap. Also you forgot the Marina !! My other set of Revos came from a Marina based kit car.

• 2 weeks later...

The PCD is fine, but a 7" rim will mean big wide noisy rumbling tyres, and that's IF they go under the arches at the front, and turn without hitting the firewall, which they probably would. Yes they should be OK at the back, Clive's on the money as usual. Mine were and they were 8".
My personal opinion though, would be for you to keep on looking.

Archived